We run a number of Mental Health programs which deliver a range of services including comprehensive assessment, triage and referral, crisis intervention and response coordination, case management and telephone counselling.
Our Counsellors work on a number of dedicated programs and provide strength based and solutions focused support and counselling, mental health education, referral to providers and crisis intervention over the phone or via web chat interactions online.
Qualifications required + preferred experience
- 3-year degree AND/OR Masters in one of the following: Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, Social Sciences, Welfare OR;
- 3-year degree in unrelated field plus MA in one of the above OR;
- 3-year degree in unrelated field plus Graduate Diploma in Counselling from ACAP (2 year Course)
- 2 years full-time minimum experience in counselling post relevant qualification. Placement and voluntary experience is unfortunately not counted as full-time experience for this role
Mental Health Professionals
Our Mental Health Professionals manage a telephone triage based service for a number of health districts and their role, is primarily to perform comprehensive mental health and risk assessment and if required make necessary referrals to the local Mental Health team or assist the caller to access alternate support in their local area. A smaller part of the role involves after-hours care on behalf of case managers, and crisis intervention with some brief counselling.
Qualifications + preferred experience
- 3-year degree in one of the following: Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work or Nursing (must be registered with AHPRA or AASW accredited)
- 3 years minimum experience in acute or community mental health