Your OVHC policy will continue until you choose to cancel it.
If you have set up automatic payments from your bank account or credit card, these payments will continue until you cancel your policy or you ask us to stop the payments.
If your visa is subject to condition 8501 and you cancel your OVHC policy for any reason or you fail to renew your OVHC policy, Allianz Care Australia is required to inform the Department of Home Affairs.
If health insurance is not mandatory (e.g. visa 600):
If you want to cancel your OVHC policy, email email@example.com
and tell us the date you would like us to cancel your policy from.
If health insurance is mandatory (e.g. visas 482, 485):
To cancel your OVHC policy, you will need to:
- Download and complete the Refund form
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can post it to:
Allianz Care Australia OVHC
Locked Bag 3004,
Toowong QLD 4066
Make sure you include your reason for cancelling your policy and any relevant documentation.
Applying for a refund
You can apply to get your money back if:
- you have paid your premium and did not come to Australia
- you have paid your premium on the basis of an extended stay, but the extension was not approved by the Department of Home Affairs
- you have been granted permanent residence in Australia
- you can provide proof of other OVHC provided by another insurer which includes the period covered by the insurer.
Please keep in mind that:
- Refunds are calculated on a monthly pro-rata basis, with a minimum refund of one month.
- Any amount that we retain on these grounds is treated as a fee for processing your refund.
- You will need to pay any bank or transfer costs associated with the refund of premium to an overseas financial institution and deducted from the premium.